View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowghost21 View Post
That's for clearing that up for me. I just want to make sure that everything I read was on the same wavelength in my brain.

So I'll get the CAI and some louvers, that adds 5-hp seriously hehe.

But looks like the jury is still out on the BBK, from what i can tell, the difference between it and the Roto-fab (which people love) is the intake pipe is plastic on the Roto-fab. I am not sure why that would make it more expensive though. You do get color options with roto fab. But I don't think the price difference is worth it. I am leaning to the BBk at the moment. Guess if I get them I'll keep you all posted on any performance gains I see.
HP gains (or yes, even losses) with a CAI can be different based on the location and internal velocity around the IAT/MAF sensor which is mounted inside the tube.

A prime example is the base model K&N intake which causes a CEL or the Airaid Ver 1 (no longer available) which lost HP. I'm not saying the BBK is no good, just that there is more to an intake than meets the eye!

Plus, plastic tubes tend to heat soak which leads to incorrect IAT temps reported to the ECU and that will cost you HP!