Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #774
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
PQ,

I don`t know if you havve looked into this or not but this was a problem w/ my car after the Whipple install. I would assume it would be an issue with any blower and any early 2010 that has not had a updated O/S from GM. Runs great for a minute or so while in open loop hits closed loop and dies. Here is what I said and the fix. not sure if your problem but something worth checking:

One thing that is very important that we found out the hardway. Please read the following as it is very important, I would assume for almost any blower install but this was definetly the case with my Whipple. I had taken off work to do this build w/ my friends, the first thing we did per whipples instructions was try to dowload the superchips tune in the car. did not work. Instead of calling whipple then we chose to continue with the job, pretty much had to get cracking as 1 freind took the day off too to help. We got it all done and attempted to install the tune again, called superchips that sat morn and no one was there, spoke to Jeff at Whipple who sent us some HPtuners tunes as we had plans on doing the fine tuning w/ HPtuners since my car is not stock and the superchips tune was for stock. Once the car went into closed loop it would not stay running. We tried everything, nothing worked my tuner came over no dice. Called superchips mon morning they said my Operating system in my computer was not supported by them. I have an early 2010 VIN ends 12,546 and I have never had an update done by GM to my PCM/TCM. My tuner tried and tried to get it to stay running w/ tuning in HPtuners. However, there were tables missing from my PCM that were in other peoples Whipple tunes who sent them to us trying to help me. Thanks again everybody. Well the table that was missing is the Air/Fuel Ratio Analysis program. Its not in the old OS, but is in the new OS from GM. I can`t understand why GM shipped cars w/ out this table. I guess they did a patchwork to get them to run NA, but boy it sure won`t run w/ the blower. Runs fine is open loop, hits closed loop let of on the gas floods out and cuts off no matter what you do. So I took the car to my dealer freind, had to tow it, they flashed it. Starts up runs and drives fine. Disabled AFM and drove it home. Crazy. So the moral here is if you have an older VIN w/ no updates, go weeks in advance and get your car flashed by the dealer w/ the updates. I have been through this pain for you. Don`t make the same mistake....Lol..

Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=whipple
I think we have a winner right here....this makes the most sense and fits the bill of what's happening to a T.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote