Thread: Just Ordered!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #13
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Hey man congrats!!!!!!

I ordered a coupe in mid feb. I was driving it by the end of the first week in march.

Here is how my order progress looked:
02/15/2011 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
02/15/2011 - (1102) Order entered via web.
02/16/2011 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
02/16/2011 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
02/16/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
02/17/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
02/19/2011 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
02/22/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
03/01/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
03/01/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
03/01/2011 - (4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).
03/01/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
03/02/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
03/02/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
03/02/2011 - (4300) Interm transfer. Processing transfer to QC or vendor.
03/04/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
03/08/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
03/09/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
03/07/2011 - (6000) Vehicle delivered to customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork

Took about 15 days to get a vin (at 3800 status) After that it all really depends on where you are located in relation to the Oshawa plant. Fortunately I live within trucking distance of Oshawa so my wait time was short. As mentioned before, coupes are rolling out pretty fast. I'm betting the Vert's will be moving quicker too now that the first production run is out.

Again, congrats, use the forum to keep you busy while you wait

Just to share as well since I can't sleep and I'm BORED:
I also have a 1SS (welcome to the club btw )
Great choice, I have the hurst short throw shifter and it makes a huge difference in the way the car drives. Shifts are short and crisp, virtually zero slop. I drove a 2SS with the stock shifter and I HATED the thing.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how nice the cloth interior actually is. While the plastic door inserts on the 2SS are sharp, the cloth inserts in the 1SS are very nice looking, it gives the interior a warm feeling. A friend of mine who accompanied me on a test drive of a 2SS last summer said he preferred the looks of the cloth door inserts over the plastic, although the ABL in the doors is VERY cool that's about the only thing I miss.

The BA sound system is nice. It's a little light on bass, but the clarity is stellar. Fiddle around with the sound settings and you can tune it to the type of music you like. I listen to a lot of different stuff, and I find that I do have to change the settings sometimes to get an optimal sound, though that is likely possible for any sound system. Keep in mind too that depending on what you are using i.e. (cd player/xm/aux) They each have a separate sound setting that you will have to tune.

At the end of it all though, at least for the first few hundred miles, I am willing to wager that your favorite station will be the sound of your car's engine. This car sounds beast even with the stock exhaust.

I could probably go on for hours about how much I love my 1SS, but as it is I've already given you about two paragraphs of input that you didn't even ask for

SO! Have fun waiting, and post up some pics of that beast when you get it!!! CONGRATULATIONS