View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #168
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Thanks George! I'm running a ZL1 driveline with the 3.73 rear gear. I'm crossing the 1/4 at 6500 rpm in 4th. I think the slicks give me more confidence on my launches, so i'm launching harder. But i drove a friends car on drag radials and pulled a 1.6 60'...so i think it has more to improving technique then necessarily the tires. Although i'm still happy with the purchase of the slicks.

It was at an event last April that i was talking to a guy (friend now) describing his launch technique...i've been trying to master ever since. Definitely helped. He runs 9s in a manual (Corevette)! The first time i tried it that night, i broke a stock axel . Ironic thing is i had my ZL1 driveline at home...just didn't have time to install yet.

THe ZL1 seems to hold up (and my RXT clutch). THe technique is simply on the launch to slowly release the clutch as you slowly move to open throttle. Feathers the clutch and keeps the engine power up. My biggest problem is a mental block concerned with spinning the tires....i very rarely get to WOT in 1st gear. That's something i'm going to concentrate on my next trip to the track!
That's even better with 3.73's, did you try a 4.11 gear? I thought you did? My mistake if not.
I'm thinking of putting the 3.91's in my stock diff untill I can get the HammerHead, I already got the axles installed, just have to change the stubs that go into the diff to use my axles. I was going to go with the ZL1 diff, but I wanted to piece it together.
I broke a axle at the line too, I even got a video (in car) of it I will post when I get home from work.
I love the twin disc Monster clutch, I'm hoping I can slip it a little better then the single. I leave the line at only 2500 RPM, due to stock tires & gears, my average is about a 2.3 without killing it, wheel hop is violent if any better, with the stock low profile tires!
I'm used to an auto at the track so this is a learning experience with me too, but you got a whole lot more POWER then me, I'll get there soon enough!

Here's the video link when I broke an axle-

Here's one spinning 1st-

Here's one of my stock decent runs-
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.

Last edited by 10 2SS/RS 6M; 01-30-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added video's
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote