View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Maybe if Americans cared to buy AMERICAN, or the gov't would care to impose import tariffs like every other country on the planet we wouldn't have to worry about 'bailing out' companies...

Do YOU realize that it was conceptualized, designed, and partially engineered here? Do you realize it is on a GLOBAL platform, but the profit, and recognition go to the American arm? Not to mention the US taxes paid every step of the way.
My response was to the assertion that this is an all-American product, when like you say yourself it is the result of a GLOBAL effort.

You will get no argument from me that "free trade" as is currently practiced in America is in reality anything but. It is however a tiny piece of the puzzle when analyzing how management took what was once the greatest manufacturing company the world has ever seen and systematically ran it into the ground over the course of several decades. As for the BUY AMERICAN mantra, it's kind of self explanatory to say that if everyone had simply kept buying GM cars all along then they probably wouldn't have gone belly-up. ANY failed businessman can simply shrug his shoulders and say, well if I'd just had more customers I would have been successful. NO KIDDING. GM wound up where it was primarily because their product ceased to be competitive in the marketplace. The world changed and kept changing, and GM steadfastly refused to change with it. They were dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and while many seem willing to pat them on the back for FINALLY getting with the program, I for one am screaming WHAT TOOK YOU SO DAMN LONG.

Last edited by Craig; 04-26-2010 at 08:48 PM.