View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.
No, I do not fight what you call flaws, they are just not important to me. I never have had a screen in a car to date. My SKY is a double din unit and I could put almost anything in there. I just hate wasting $3K on that stuff, I have a home entertainment system that would boggle the mind at home. When I buy a sports car I listen to the stereo or the exhaust, and the sound in the CamaroSS should be good. I like the 4 gauges where they are. The Knobs....yea would be nice if they offered a Climate control system that was digital, but it does not bother me. The most important part of interior design is ergonomics, and in that department the Camaro wins. When I sat in it at the NYC auto show EVERYTHING was in perfect reach and it felt like a cockpit, wrapped around.

The Nav screen is in the middle of the tach and the speedo, which I think is the ideal placement for turn by turn nav.

The rest is all opinion. I happen to like the square housing with the round gauges, better than a square entire dash.

But when I look at the interior, I look at how easy it would be to make it look different than other Camaro owners, and this interior is a"clean Slate" look which I like. My leather guy will have an easy time doing something cool (which of course I would post pics).

As far as the Stereo....nothing is impossible. Do not forget they make single Din units that have a screen that pops out and up. Believe me, someone will develop a unit that works in the Camaro.....they always do.

But to each his own.....just the way you posted the pics, was as if the Mustang was so much better looking and I do not agree. Your opinions are respected, but I have mine also......and NO I never drink the Coolaid...so do not imply that.