View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Morgan View Post
I have been really trying to feel, see and even instigate some of the problems guys here have noted. I cant. I even left out the baffle they sent to eleveate some of the (buffeting) issues some guys where seeing when the fans came on. The design is sound.

I have ported my throttle body after I evaluated the CAI and that helped immensely with the throttle transition from off idle to mid throttle. There is a really nasty lip on the bottom of the throttle body and when ported (CORRECTLY!) it wakes them up and smooths them up. When passing on the highway I get no hesitation now and the thing wont lurch. Throttle inputs are now directly proportional to power output. A professional head porter will have no problem with getting these throttle bodies to deliver a smooth transition of power but if ported incorrectly it will become worse than you ever imagined! Its a large throttle body and does not need to be hogged out. It just needs to be finessed.

P.S. Have any of you guys who are experiencing problems done a fuse pull to reset your throttle position sensor? Have any of you done an ECU reset? I do both about once a week and it always has positive effects on acceleration and driveability.
I have done the 5/20 fuse pull overnight twice with no posistive results. What is the ECU reset? We have the LS3 which is a little different than the auto. This problem seems to affect only the LS3.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote