View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
nothing wrong with the 5.5 Di motor.

But once the move to lower cubed motors . There won't be the coolness of the BIG CUBE motor.

If your my age. there is something about Muscle cars having a big cubed motor..
the LS7 ...oh why oh why did i let her go....that was athing of Beauty!

427 Small block... You can say hasta la vista . Gm is still under government influences...the C7 vette was to be mid engined, thats been pushed back for the C8

the 5.5 DI will make 450 hp with a smallish s/c an easy 575 Crank HP/
So nothing wrong with that.

touchy!

fact remains....GM if your listening...use your certified CTS-V coupe drivlline, skimp on the suspension use the V brakes.....and make the car. drop the Camaro body on a s/c LSA with GXP G8 suspensio + coilovers and strut and sway bars and lets go.

All certified.

You like taking a back seat to the GT500 for another 2 years??? wasn't the 8 year hiatus long enough??? i am slightly disapointed.

Howeer i rectified the situation with my own Version of the Z28...don't let the 3 inch tips fool you....its 3inches ( width)back from the LG 1 7/8 3in collector .

The only hint is the exhaust sound and the SS moniker on the side.....Not for show.
Oh and to the observant the ride height. rotors.

i would never put Z28 on my car as it isn't. (though its my interpretation of what performance parameters the Z28 should have)
I like your enthusiasm. I don't totally agree with everything, but that's no biggie.

It seems like we agree there are too many good parts GM could integrate onto Z28 that would make it totally capable of competing within it's market. Personally, I'd also like to see the magneto' shocks added, too. Like you said, the LSA/6L90/TR6060 are already there. Tougher driveshaft, diff', and axles and brakes from CTS-V and we're already got a great car. Bump the power up a little, and see about using some more aluminum in the suspension (maybe the crossmembers or something); maybe thinner glass (i.e. like the C5 Z06) and some better tires and we have a winner. It doesn't look that hard to me, but I know nothing about this sort of thing and what it costs, lol. I'll leave it to the professionals

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote