View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroZR1 View Post
I know as soon as I pick up my Camaro, Im not leaving it stock...So im trying to get opions here. Im getting the Auto and Im gonna swap out the 6L80 (and put it in my truck) for a 6L90. But I don't know what engine to use.

Do I use the L99 and mod and S/C that engine?
Or special order the LS3 into my automatic Camaro insted, then pretty much build the engine into a LS9 (which is way cheaper than actually getting a real LS9)?
Or just go and get a real LS9 into it from the start?

I think putting in the LS9 is my best bet, b/c i need a new engine in my '38 anyways. Then i would put the LS3 from the Camaro into my '38 as opposed to buying a LS3 or LSX for the '38.
Keep in mind, the camaro will be my daily driver. Alot of advice i get is to keep the LS3 in the Camaro and put the LS9 in the '38, but i want one hell of a daily driver (better than my '38 seeing how i only it 30min or so a month). Plus I would like my Camaro to stand out among most other gen5 Camaros, and capible of beating most of the old guys and rich kids in my area in a drag race.
If it's going to be a project, I'd consider getting the V6, selling the motor, and buying something unexpected, like the LS7 or a 383 stroker. Bore and stroke it; then get some internals; slap on a supercharger.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote