View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #82
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there were the headlights..........

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there was the SS front fascia.........

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

COULD THERE BE A PATTERN HERE????

:bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

I vote YES..................definitely a pattern...................but I guess I would expect nothing less until the cars are being shipped............or at least in CTF in my garage and I can post real nice pictures................but I've done my begging so we'll see about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Convert without a hard top in 2010 looks cheeeap
Lets see a "grab a picture with probably a camera phone while I see a car on GM property" photo of a pre prototype car and you want to make a judgement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Hi Fbod,

Wanna avoid these steps? Go right to production for the convert and Z28 right now!

No steps, no wait, no problems, happy customers, GM making money. yeeehaa!
If only it worked that way..........................I like how you think though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Only once, and it was a beamer, with the inset rear window, looked slick.
Ok, then one...........so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
The convertible is ugly to me. It does this car no justice. It needs to remain a hard top. NOW...maybe if it was a hard top convertible it would be alot better. But the rag top on that body style is just bogus.
It will remain a hard top. GM isn't stopping the coupe and replacing it with a convertible. It is a choice for those that love convertible driving. And although no one will believe me, hard top convertibles aren't always pretty either. All they do is give you a quieter cabin. And by the way, a hard top would take up 100% of the trunk with the top down. Every hard top does this. The XLR? No trunk space with the top down. G6? Golf clubs go in the back seat with the top down. They are not perfect either.