Thread: BMW 535i
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I raced one.... They aren't as quick as you would think, granted they dyno 280 whp and 300 lb ft, they weigh 4000 lbs+, had several cars by 100(the end of the 1/4 mile). It kept up with me better then an LLT V6 Camaro recently did though.... This was at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble, Oklahoma of course. He ran 13.9 @ 99.8 to my 13.6 @ 104.2.
Was that a F10 (new body) 5-Series?

Nice to see one crack into the 13's. They usually run around 14's at 100 MPH on the strip via some magazine tests. The 2011's had lots of bugs and the 2013 models with said early throttle, etc. issues resolved and if equipped with the Sport Auto Transmission (which also gives it a Sport + Mode very beneficial to aggressive launches) should be able to get into 13's easier and more consistently. I'm very happy with the acceleration of mine considering it's coming from a super heavy Luxury Sedan that feels like a Tank trekking down the road. The V6 Camaro's I've driven definitely feel less quick and definitely lack the low end torque of the N55, but an SS should have no issues posting a better 1/4 all day long than a 535i indeed.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

K-A is offline   Reply With Quote