View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #75
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Everyone has pretty valid points, I just wanted to chime in with something, maybe far fetched, maybe not. When the c7 was unveiled, everyone kept saying how they hated the rear because the tail lights looks just like the camaro. I'm just an enthusiast like everyone else here. Do you think that for the 2010-13 models, they were inspired by the vet for the tail lights on the camaro? And figuring since they already unveiled the vette with those lights,and they are already tooled up for it, they had more time to make a change with the camaro. I'm sort of thinking of it like this: imagine the vette w/o it's signature tail lights; 4 individual lights. Is it possible that the refreshed camaro lights were originally a prototype for the c7? And if so, they felt they liked the design, but it just didn't fit in with the vette's history. So they made a few changes and decided to take the camaro in a slightly different direction. I for one like the front end on the refresh, the back looses me. Happy that that they did away with the non functional mail slot and kept it smooth. I would have liked bigger headlights. On the rear, I like that they pulled the reverse lights out of the bottom of the bumper, but the lights themselves need work. They remind me of the challenger or maybe even the new charger. I like the rear on both of those cars, but to me, I hope that some aftermarket company makes something better looking for the refresh to swap in.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote