View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
When the 2010 SS was first tested against the 2011 5.0 it was only .1 tenth of a second slower than a track pack equipped GT around a road course. It wasnt nurburgring. Cant recall for sure but I do know it was tested by car and driver same track same day. If you google it you can find the test. But of coarse some of the mustang crowd said the camaro platform in general was worthless in the handling department...they are eating their words now lol. I couldnt believe the difference in my car after doing springs and sway bars. Subframe bushings help as well.

Now that the standard SS has the updated fe4 suspension it should out handle a GT IMO but I am not positive. It should at the very least be just as good with the update or GM wouldnt have wasted their time.

Last car 2012 Camaro SS 45th AE, current car 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack. I can tell you with 100% certainty that my Camaro did not handle as well as my Mustang. Given the FE4 was a worth while update anything was better than the FE3 on the 10-11 cars.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote