View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Just did this yesterday... few things to note:

1) get the O2 sensors hot before removing them... they easily come out this way (well not the actual sensor, but the bung that the sensor attaches to. I did one O2 sensor without heating it, and then I heated the other 3 with a propane torch. Trust me... heat them! (not to glowing, but do get them pretty hot)

2) If you can't heat them, go to a local parts store and get the $10 O2 sensor wrench... it was worh it on the one I didn't heat. But, if you heat them... you can just use a regular 7/8" wrench with little effort.

3) The oil dipstick is indeed tricky... that was an understatement. The correct way to do it is to have one person over the engine that unbolts it, and barely loosens it. Another person should be under the car to see where the dipstick comes from. I took this out from the top, and later couldnt find the inlet..... finally found it 15 minutes later.... it was hidden behind the starter and a heat sheild.

4) Grind ~.050" from the bottom side of the dipstick mounting bracket... the new ARH flanges are a little bigger than the stock flanges... and the dipstick mount wont quite fit to its original mounting place.

5) I wouldn't start the car up after just the LT headers are installed.... just to see what open headers will sound like. It sounds so awesome that it will make you dissapointed that you had to put a catback after it ..... but if you plan to do cutouts or diverters!!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote