View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #17
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
I'll add in my install. Done a little differently. I made a circuit board from the schematic and tapped in at different spots, and mounted the switch out of sight for a clean look.

Front and back views of my custom handmade board all finished up

All closed up in it's case. I got the case from a remote start immobilizer bypass I had laying around. Nice small size.

Switch mounted and all wired up ready to install

Closer pics of the switch install. I just used the master switch that came with the SJM kit.

Overview of the install area with fusebox pulled out to access wiring.

Showing the wires I used. I used 2 wire in this pic. The green(there are two of them, both common) are the fused output from the Retained Accessory Power going to the power outlets. The black are ground for the relays. So my 12 volt in to the circuit is the green, and black is the ground instead of using a bolt/screw to metal.

This is showing where I tapped in to the cruise control wire. I have access to AllData and found the schematic for the cruise circuit to find the wire without going to the column. It's at the BCM, plug 3(third from the rear of the car), pin 9. I figured it would be easier and cleaner than going to the column.

The box is zip tied to the fuse box harness behind the left vent/headlight switch. The switch is easily activated with one finger, yet completely out of the way, nearly un-noticable. Works like a charm.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote