View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post

Originally Posted by Al C.
You are underestimating the capabilities of the ZL1..

I could be. Do you have personal experience that would convince me? I'd like to know lap times that you run, which track, what kind of tires, how long, and what ambient temps were.

The brakes may very well be capable. I'm a bit skeptical based on the amount of power the zl1 makes and how heavy it is. If the brakes are capable, then indeed the CCB brakes on a Z/28 are not necessary.

Some track setups are easy on brakes and you might be able to get away without overheat. Others are brutal and will have you pitting in after 10 minutes.
Well stated.

Al C is from Vegas, so he should have direct personal experience in the summer pounding laps at Spring Mountain in a ZL1. That is the experience that would support his comment. We'd relate and respect those kind of experiences to help form an opinion wouldn't we OrthoJoe? Maybe Al C will confirm this and post up some in-car video of same?

Maybe b4z has the same experience and will piggyback to Al C's post?

The sticky Trofeos mean additional energy (g's/heat) that has to go somewhere (repeatedly). I know, and you know, from personal experience.

Who has Trofeo shod Camaro tracking experience at 8/10th's+? That is what matters to me...

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote