View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #17
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
This morning I went over to the Holiday Inn Express to eat breakfast with a couple of forum members and we passed by the gray Z06 that ran at the track (does anyone know who that belongs to?) anyway, it was nicely parked in a spot. We eat breakfast and come back out and the Z06 is sitting in the middle of the drive with an IOM v6 in front of it that had backed pretty hard into the Z06 and pushed it all the way all of it's parking spot! He didn't see the car at all. There was some good orange paint on his front bumper and busted headlights and corner lense. I'm not sure who the driver was, but he asked if it was mine when I came out, said no, but I didn't want to be that guy. He called the police and they wrote up a report. I saw the owner come out later and he wasn't upset. even gave the guy who hit him a pat on the back.

no problems here with my car or possessions. I'm surprised there weren't more, but that's a good thing.
Yeup, that was my car! (Had fun at the track but just couldn't get her off the line right... hard to launch this car for sure!)

Anyways, I was fast asleep when I got a knock on the door asking for the owner of the corvette. I walking outside and saw the camaro where my car was parked! :(

The damage was ok, I was expecting worst actually. The owner was respectful and there really is no reason to get all worked up about it unless its a scumbag from miami trying to pin his/her mistake on you. (Actually, this car was hit on the 2nd day of owning it. Lady backed up into the left quarter panel and blamed it to the cops that I placed my car there on purpose so she could hit me)

Anyways, no hard feelings.. scariest part was actually driving home @ 45mph ALL THE WAY HOME cause the Nt05's were SHOT and I almost put it into the wall in a construction section entering orlando. And it was raining all the way home as well.... turned the 6 hour ride into a 10 hour ride.