View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If GM does decide to do a Z28, about the earliest we'll hear about it is after the ZL1 gets launched.

I think there should be one, and there are a number of us on Camaro5 that feel the basics for a Z28 should be an LS7 Camaro with an upgraded suspension. Others have other views, but that seems to be the most popular, followed closely by a car with an upgraded LS3 of some sort (again, with an upgraded suspension)
I feel the same way DG. My take from the discussions held on the board is that GM wants all the claps of thunder to go to the ZL1. That is deservedly so IMHO. An enormous amount of energy, time, money and effort went into the project. A cobbled together Z-28 using the GM parts bin with potential aftermarket joint collaboration has much potential and is intriguing. There is a good argument with support behind it. But, from a business point of view as noted by Number 3, it would not be a good marketing decision to release the Z-28 around the same time frame as the ZL1. After the ZL1 runs it course for a year or so, hopefully we will finally see the Gen5 Z-28 take it's place in the lineup. There would be no reason not to as I see it, for we have always had a Z-28 in every generation.