View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
challenger is a lower volume car right? Is chrysler satisfied with those sales? I know a lot of it depends on how much money they make on the car because i remember the ceo of Ford says that they don't plan on selling more fusions than camrys but prefer to make more money on each vehicle and have better options and what not
I don't think the margins are too different between the Camaro and the Challenger. Material cost is going to be about the same for each, as will labour. Chrysler might be able to amortize the platform costs a bit better, but GM can spread the cost of more generic components that aren't specific to any platform (such as engines). Then there are incentives. I know that GM hasn't been offering very much on the Camaro, but I have no idea what its been like for the Dodge

In the end, I'd guess that its ends up more or less as a wash when you go model to model between the two. However, since GM sells twice as many Camaros ... they'll be making roughly twice the money off the total annual sales.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote