View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #17
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I would personally go with the SSD, but I am biased as that it was I am currently running on my system. I purchased an 80gb SSD from Intel roughly a year ago. It has Windows 7 installed as well as my most frequently played games. The drive is just under half full with the OS and 2 games (BFBC2 and Starcraft II). The system boots into windows from a cold start in under 20 seconds ready to go (no lie). Game loads have also been reduced using the SSD. In most cases I can have the PC booted, game launched and in a lobby in under a minute.

In addition to the SSD I am running an Intel i7 processor and an HD4800 ATI graphics card. I didnt do the 3 screen monitors like Hemlawk as its setup to a 40in LED tv and didnt need the surround affect.

I thought of soing a RAID setup in the past but didnt want to configure it. The SSD was so much simpler and IMO faster from a boot. There is no noise associated with retreiving of data unless I am accessing my secondary drives. Those are used for all my music and games that I play less frequently.

Edit: Just Re-read your post. Lol for someone who doesnt play games what is the purpose to the higher processor and the Video card isnt bad either.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote