View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
The 0-60 MPH time is the true test of how fast a vehicle is from 0-60 MPH, and the 1/4 mile time is the true test of how fast a vehicle is in the 1/4 mile.

I believe that you are correct that the ZL1 was designed to be a high performance track car, and not an all out drag strip car. If one wants a vehicle optimized for the 1/4 mile, then I don't believe that the ZL1 is the vehicle that one should choose.
Or - just throw some DRs on the car. Look at the improvements in ET that cars like ZR1, Z06 and the GT500 make with sticky tires! Also, some magazine also don't run a prep'd track, powershift, and do absolutely everything (this side of VHT and such) to make the best possible runs. I, too, thought the ET and traps would be higher, too, but I don't know the conditions of the tests, so I'm reserving judgement.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote