View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
I'm not going to get into the brands that I have had issues with because I don't want to turn this into ..."one is better than the other". BUT I bought an axle back system for the LLT that I had......most people said there was no drone. Well....I put it on and took it off 2 days later. Replaced it with a cat back system that is famous for NO DRONE advertising and at any speed I ran there was NO drone.

I traded the LLT off and now have a 1SS..A6. A week ago I put on the NO DRONE brand I have had before. Yes, I hear the AFM but that isn'r really drone. At any speed I have gone this week I have not heard...OR felt drone.

For the most part I agree with the definition of drone above....especially the part about "you feel it". It is not...the louder the more drone. It is an annoying frequency that actually can be felt in the ears and all over. The one I removed was so bad that my adult daughter was ill within 20 miles at 2000 rpm.

I spent mant years on aircraft flightlines and had no issues....but exhaust drone is a PITA!!

If you need to know what exhaust I have experienced no drone with you can PM me.

Majic
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote