View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
This weekend at Beech Bend, I ran a 1/8th in 9.052 and a 1/4 in 13.998 in the bone stock GT. The Mustang is just getting faster and faster. Not sure how, but it is. First time it has ever been raced and we have only owned it since December. Plus, I am running street tires and couldn't get traction on the green. I maybe could have broke into the 8s if I had got more grip. Car has 100K miles on it. Stock tire pressure. No special air filters...Matter of fact, we took the time to take out the paper filter and dust it a little Saturday at the track.

The oil was changed today and the gas filter - which happened to be brown it was so dirty.

I love that this car is fast, and we do have all of the time slips to prove it. However, I was beat by a Dodge Neon RT with E85. Stock....

Here is the link to that race:

Nice run!

Weather conditions can have a huge impact on your car's performance... You can see big swings in your car's times just from varying weather conditions. Also track prep can make a big difference. A small improvement in your 60' time can have a big impact on your overall ET.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote