View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I love hearing people bitch about the mileage they're getting....

I get 13-14 out of my Silverado and about that out of my Tahoe. But I don't complain because I knew what it would be when I bought it, I expected it, and I was willing to get that kind of mileage to have my full-size 4x4, crew cab pickup.

I'd say the same thing about getting the Camaro...this isn't the car you buy if you're that concerned about mileage. Get a Hyundai or a Prius if you want great gas mileage.

I'm not really trying to bash on you here. I understand your concern, and it's a legit one, but, you have to outweigh that concern vs your other needs/wants. That will be up to every individual.

Now, from what has been mentioned before (and is in another thread somewhere), GM is supposedly shooting for the mid 20's to 30 mpg. As always, if they put 25 on the sticker, expect 20-22...yeah, yeah, the new EPA ratings and all, whatever, I would expect low 20's (also assuming we can keep our right feet light on the go pedal).

Still, a 400+HP, rear drive, performance car getting "only" in the low 20's, looking like this and it says Camaro on the back....PUT MY NAME ON THE WAITING LIST!
Attached Images

Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote