View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #43
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFENDRZL1 View Post
Thanks guys. I am a child born of the 60's and always loved the first generation camaros but by the time I was driving age could only lament the aged engineering. Years passed and I became a Vette owner. Since, I have spent the last 20 years driving vettes and never thought I would drive anything but fiberglass. When Ford introduced the vintage Thunder bird body I was sad as THAT was not the car I would have chosen for a retro return. When Ford introduced the 2005 Mustang I was tempted but knew it just wasn't the same. Chevy cancelled the Camaro line and hope was almost lost. With the rebirth of Camaro 5th generation I hoped again, but still wasn't sold on the engineering after having modified the Z06 to almost 500 hp, the SS couldn't sway me to leave glass. I have followed the REbirth of the ZL with great interest and even sold a 50th Anniversary Z06 to make room in the garage for what I now consider to be the ultimate car. Not to be fanatical but we just resealed the floor in the garage, cleaned out all the dust behind the workbenches and shelves and removed all the items stored overhead, sort of like prepping a nursery. We cannot wait for car #36 to come home to Alabama. Thank you for making this car and for making it what it was destined to be. Not just another pretty retro wanna be but the real thing!!
Thank You And proud to have worked on # 36

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote