View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Great read, Torq!!

Lots of great modification threads coming out, now. I'm enjoying them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I don't believe Scott is either, however, there are reasons for the break-in proceedures GM outlines. While you can argue both sides, which side do you think GM will take if they can prove there was a failure as a result of incorrect break-in?

I also don't believe these engines are broken in, let alone fired. I know LS9s and LS7s are run on natural gas to check for correct sealing and pressures (after other previous oil and coolant pressure checks - and these, unlike LSA, are hand-assembled in Wixom, MI; not Mexico - last I checked...). I'm almost positive these aren't broken-in any more than other 6.2s, outside of LS9. However - I am on the fence as to correctly break a motor-in; I've heard and engine dyno' is best, since in a new car, you have other powertrain and chassis considerations to worry about.

Scott is only making sure the customers are aware of how GM recommends the proceedure to be. Everyone is on their own otherwise.

He's not making this stuff up - so the "mechanical engineer" comment was quite off-base. Call him the messenger, if you will...

You certainly don't have to obey the recommendations....but I am.