View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #44
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
What i believe tag is trying to say is that buying foreign autos will only help in the short run because if the government allows all of the foreign companies to come over here and build plants to produce autos here with huge bonuses and tax breaks that cause one or all of the big three to go bankrupt this will severely affect our economy. Draogneye states this number to be around 30% of the economy there is no way the US can continue if the foreign car companies take over. Yes the foreign companies are pay the factory workers to work there. However the parent company is paying cents on the dollar for taxes. Another thing is the executives of American automakers that make the big bucks on the money paid to buy the autos of said company they have to pay their share of taxes which fall in a much much higher tax bracket. So the foreign companies get huge breaks when building their factories here, then they get huge tax breaks years after the plant is opened and the majority of the money that is made by the company is sent overseasto the CEO's is not being taxed. Foreign companies will be the end of this country because of the economy being stole by these companies. I will always buy American originated cars until the day I die or until they are not available then i will simply kill myself because this country will be in the crapper shortly after such an event happens. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!

You mean like the new '09 Camaro will be made in Canada? Just food for thought.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote