View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #39
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
My votes, in order of severity:

Weight: nearly 4000 lbs for the V8 is simply too much. That's putting it on a diet? How does a small-midsize coupe weigh just about as much as the G8, a full-size family sedan?

Trunk Space: I wasn't expecting much from the trunk space. I understand it is a sporty coupe and actually the trunk space itself looks pretty darn good considering. What does bother me is the same thing that bothers me on my Cobalt coupe: The darn opening is so itty bitty and high up that it makes it nearly impossible to get any large objects in that would otherwise fit.

Fuel economy of the V8: This doesn't mean much to me personally as my commuting habits make MPG all but irrelevant, but I still think they could do better. Again, I think the G8 might even do better, and it is a full-size sedan. Yes it makes less power, but that connection isn't always solid.

Must buy a package: Of course I understand why GM does this (it really is much more profitable) and I know just about everyone else does it to a much greater extent. However, Ford is the major exception and I think that does give the Mustang an advantage. True some options prevent the selection of others, but the ability to mix-and-match options on the Mustang is unparalleled. Now we don't know for sure what will be offered only as part of a package yet, but it sounds like it won't quite match the Mustang. Too bad.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote