View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
My speedometer quit on me yesterday,when this happen to you folks did you loose engine temp.,fuel indication,oil pressure etc. After I got to my destination I turn it of and back on ,it worked fine.
Also is it normal for the gauges to pend themselves when first starting the engine ,back to zero and then stabilizing itself once the engine is started, this has been like this since day one, therefore I assume it to be normal.It as been to the dealer before therefore if it was abnormal they would have said something I would think. Is their a TSB out on this issue other than the number listed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassRS View Post
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2291505
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-49-011: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster) - (Jun 15, 2009)

Subject: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster)

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that one of the instrument cluster needles becomes stuck at a specific value. This may be an intermittent condition based on the interior temperature of the vehicle. Clusters that are vulnerable to this condition will have the pointer stick at elevated interior temperatures or when the cluster has been operating for a period of time.

Cause
This condition may be caused by cluster needles that were installed too deep on the gage.

Correction
Replace the instrument panel cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI. Reprogram the instrument panel cluster using the Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) and Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest TIS2WEB calibrations after replacement. Refer to Instrument Cluster Reprogramming in SI.

Parts Information
Important: DO NOT obtain parts from GMSPO. Contact a GM authorized Electronic Service Center (ESC) for replacement.

To identify the correct part number, use the Global Diagnostic System (GDS) application or remove the unit for inspection.

Warranty Information
For vehicle repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N4180
Instrument Cluster Replacement
Use Published Labor Operation Time

N4199
Instrument Cluster Reprogramming with SPS

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last edited by STINGER BEE; 11-17-2011 at 02:46 PM.
STINGER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote