View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #167
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
The picture I posted earlier in this thread was from a Corvette making high 5XX whp after ~8000miles. Don't know if that helps or not. I am kinda of interested in what Ted is saying because he could be right on the basis that the stock cats on the camaro are huge compared to say... an accord. So Cats very well may require to be a certain size for a certain amount of CFMs of exhaust flow. But it to could just be coincidence. My only personal experience is the one i posted a picture of. My 600 hp gto didn't have them because I couldn't justify paying money for a power loss and my 600 hp camaro doesn't have them because the turbo kit removes them. My info stated is just that info, take it however you like.
This is Not a New Problem by any stretch of the imagination, but as power levels continue to grow it will become an increasingly more frequent occurrence.

The solution is Simple, We need Cats Twice as Big as currently available to handle the Volume of Exhaust gases produced by a supercharged engine.

Maybe we could do Quad Cats side by side
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote