View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #23
moyn
M0yn

Drives: 2011 Camaro Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
I'm in the process of aiming my headlight and I cant get the drivers side headlight to raise enough to aim correctly. Everytime I try and raise the lights using the stock light screw it goes up but not high enough for correct visibility. I tried screwing it all the way but eventually it just pops out the housing. Is there something I am missing to get the cutoff line higher. The passenger side works fine also. Any advice on wht to do will be greatly appeciated.

I ended up placing 5 washers behind the bottom headlight screws and it solved my problem perfectly. I also checked and my headlights look symmetrical. You would never know I did this unless I told you. The cutoff line and light output is perfect. Here is a picture showing the washers on the bottom of the headlight.

did you have to get a longer screw when you added those washers? i'm having the SAME issue. i raise the headlights up and the housing just snaps off. i had to completely unseal my headlights again just to snap it back in place. all the photo's i see of how great these projectors are, and yet i can't see 50ft in front of me. pretty disappointing. i'm tired of taking that bumper off and on. but once i do again i think i'll try out the washer method. until then i guess it's gonna be a lot of slow driving at night and hopefully avoiding it all together

anyone else have some suggestions? i was almost wondering if maybe when i screwed down the projector if it's just aimed alittle lower??? is that even possible
moyn is offline   Reply With Quote