View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
To me it sounds like you may have a bad U joints/CV joint, I know that sounds weird on a one year old car, And we have a lot of them in this car.

The only way to find it is on the rack, Get it off the ground and remove the rims, have some one check for round out.
Added to the checklist. How long does this take approx. I want to schedule enough time to have ALL of it checked at one time if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
I had the same problem with a set of wheels I put on my truck when it was purchased new. The dealer put the wheels on before I took delivery, but after the intial test drive.

After many visits back to the dealer they agreed to replace the rims and tires and it fixed the problem. So the solution was replacement but I found out a couple of things later.

1. the rear facing of the wheel was not flat so when it was mounted it didn't fit exactly flush against the lugs, and the increase in speed caused the problem to worsen.

2. because it took 6 months to figure out, the vibration had caused the front hubs to become out of round so to speak and the front hubs had to be replaced.

Hope this helps. John

I currently have 35 x 13.5 x 20 on my truck and I have exactly no vibration at all. Gear wheels and Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Did they ever check the wheels on a machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
I had the same type of vibration increasing with speed. Thought for sure it was my drag wheels and tires and turned out it was. A m&h drag radial was out of round and the tire shop showed me on the machine it was defective. Have you tried the tires on other wheels.
Tires on other wheels? no. I haven't. But we ran the wheels on GTAs car and they shook his car. Which is the anomily in this whole thing. I may be chasing a Leperechaun so to speak.