View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #19
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
There are only two ways to bleed an ABS pump on a 5th Gen. Without the TECH II you can bleed the system well then drive on a gravel road and stomp on the brakes a few times and then do another bleed and repeat. Or you can cycle it with the TECH II and do it on the rack. I am aware of no other methods, but am willing to learn if there is one.
In terms of flushing the ABS pump you are 100% correct however the amount of fluid left in the pump is very minimal at best. If the fluids weren't compatible I would be concerned but Motul RBF-600 is a DOT 4 and is compatible with the factory fluid. We generally flush the calipers after every track event as well which means after the initial flush it will have better fluid as 99% of us will come into ABS on the track. This opens the installation of brake lines up to a much broader range of people and although you're not getting 100% of the fluid out initially it has never been a problem.

I'm a very anal person and I do everything the right way even if it takes me longer. I don't think getting the less than 1% of fluid out of the ABS pump is critical however as proven in my own car.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote