Thread: 2013 A/C Issues
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
2013 A/C Issues

It's been getting pretty warm around here the past couple of weeks (high 80's). About a week and a half ago, I took her to the dealer because the A/C wasn't getting very cold. After reading several threads on here about such issues with some new Camaros I figured they'd tell me it was just low on refrigerant, fix it, and I'd be good to go. Well they had it for a day, said the refrigerant was at the correct pressure, the compressor was fine, and that the recirculation system was working correctly. They also said they measured the a/c temp at the center dash vent, while driving, and it was about 40F (the day they has it, the outside temp never got above 60). I though, OK, maybe it's just me and decided to keep driving it to see if it did it any more.

I decided to use my multimeter with thermocouple attachment to keep track of it myself. What I've discovered, after several days of monitoring, is there is indeed an issue. I measured at the center vent, max cold, recirc. on, blowing out dash vents only. Here are the results after a few days:

Driving or Standing / Outside Temp / AC Temp

S / 46 / 44
D / 43 / 43
S / 54 / 46
D / 50 / 44
D / 80 / 51
D / 86 / 70*
D / 87 / 72*

While taking the measurements with the asterisks (*) I found that, every couple of minutes, the A/C temp would climb from a steady 70ish to near 80. It would remain warm for no more than a few seconds and then begin blowing "cold" again and fall, slowly, back down to 70ish.

I called the dealer back today and talked to the head of service and gave him all this info. I'm taking it back on Wednesday for them to take another look at it. He said he'd have a different tech go over it this time. Does anyone have any insight on any of this? Is there anything I should suggest/demand they check/replace/refill/reprogram? Thanks!
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote