View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #11
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I have a CB for my long trips from VA to NY(the in-laws) and NH(my home state). Unfortunately, there is no place to stick my Wilson Little Wil mag-mount on my Trans Am other than the hood. I love getting the local "bear report" from the truckers and getting info on traffic and construction. I've never owned a radar detector, but I typically do not speed unless the road is open. When I do push it, I don't go fast enough where I can not react to different situations on the road. Like MerF though, my favorite long trip was for block leave last summer before my current deployment. I made it from VA to NH in about 10 hours flat, which is normally a 12-14 hour trip depending on traffic. I averaged about 95MPH the whole trip, anddidn't hit traffic once, even in NYC. It was like my own private Cannonball Run. I kept the tops on for the first half of the trip to save fuel, but I had to pull them off from NYC onward to enjoy that beautiful northern summer air. Once I get back I'll be making the trip again, but this time in the wife's Mustang which will be fresh out of the shop with an engine rebuild and full exhaust. It will be a good shakedown for the old horse. I guess for me it is not about getting there the fastest, but enjoying the drive. If the roads allow me to safely open it up, then I will, and I will gladly pay the price if I get caught.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote