View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok...I have a question on the alignment. I have a set of Hotchkis springs on the way and should be installing them shortly after I get them. I don't know all that much about Camber/Caster/Toe etc. so bare with my wording if it's not correct.

This is my daily driver and I won't really be going to the track.....maybe once or twice if at all. I would like it to handle nicely but not necessarily at the cost of eating up my tires prematurely.

If I remember reading correctly others have said that a -.05 was the most they could get out of the way the factory had the car setup. Looking at everyones recommendation for a Performance Street setup you are recommending more than that.

So, should I just have them set my alignment to the factory settings and/or have them get as close to the Peformance Street settings as possible or is there some other settings you would recommned for someone in my driving situation?
You have ample adjustability of from camber at any height

You currently do not have any caster adjustability. But caster can be increased and made adjustable with our Pedders front Adjuster kit

When dropping your rear, negative camber can significantly increase. Excess negative camber in the back end increases understeer. Thru telemetry, we have determined your vehicle will handle better at -.5 degrees rather than -1.0 degrees. I have yet to see a Camaro able to get to -.5 degrees camber at the rear with OE eccentrics. Do I think it is possible? Yes. There are potential tolerance issues that may allow one to be able to get this low. But that would be the exception, rather than the rule. Pedders Rear Alignment Kit

thanks,
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote