View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #138
contractor357
Burn Baby Burn

Drives: True Fire Camaro S S 2010

I like the Art work!! Just wondering why you only did the "Rally" stripe area & not spread out/ or the masked off look. I'm just curious as flames/fire is kind of erratic by nature but I still like yours..
It took me a while to find someone to do this design (“True Fire” vs. “Ghost Flames”) after I seen it on some older Street Rods.
I have a few questions for you, as I don’t know a lot about these. I would rather ask someone that isn’t trying to make money.
1.Where is a good place to get the ground effects, do they attach over existing or do you need to modify factory equipped & how is it on the street, (over driveway curbs/aprons) too low?
2. Do you know where to get the orange “Halo” lights? (Head & tail lights).
3. What exhaust system do you have? (I assume you have a new 3”.) What do you think about changing the exhaust (complete with headers vs. cat back system?) Is it really worth buying the complete vs. cat back? Do they increase hp that would be noticeable? I’d like to change factory sound more than increased hp at this time. I have a “FlowMax” cat back on my Impala SS just for the sound.
4. Any input or advise would be helpful!!!!!!

I love the True Fire designs. I am having mine re-done. This pictured one was done by "Idiots" that messed up the clear coat,

The shop is Boitnotts out of Fairfield, OH website....... http://www.boitnotts.com/content/ The have a lot of cars in the "local" Cavalcade of Customs shows in Cincinnati.

They have stripped/sand blasted it. Im going back with: Black with Gold flake, then Orange Candy Gloss to give the gold a tint of orange. Everything painted black w/gold flake, (Jambs, inside trunk, under hood & engine compartment) except the fire wall behind the engine. The new flames are spread out more across the hood, instead of a "V" shape. A little more down the sides also. The new flames have a bit more yellow which makes them “Pop” in the sunlight. I like mine the flames all across the front to hide the bugs when they splat on the black. The car may be done next week. I will post the new paint on here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/camarogarage.php?do=garage&id=28492
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by contractor357; 08-19-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Image
contractor357 is offline   Reply With Quote