View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Still Trying

Still at this.

I have been to the track a few time after my first run in the 12s. That stood as my best until last Friday, Nov. 30th. I was still cutting a 2.1 60 foot but my RT is improving. One time I almost had a perfect light, but red-lighted by .005.

Last Friday the temps were in the 40s to 50s. Good air!

My C5 was much faster and much harder to be consistent. I knew it would be a little cold so I left my spare setup in the trunk, filled up with 93, and lowered my rear TP to below 30 pounds.

As a result I ran 3 runs in the 12s and my MPH is getting close to 113: (I am #28)

But still, to me this improvement does not seem like much and was a gift from the air. I will say it was harder to get a good run. Launching was tough and I could not power shift into second without getting a little sideways. One time I let the car cool down for about 30 minutes and then found out how strong a bolton LS3 can be. My first run was a mess, with about a 2.5 60 foot and having to let off a bit after shifting into second. My second run was the 12.866 @ 112.86. In that run I eased more into second and then focused on the next 2 shifts.

As far as Mustangs go it was a mixed night. A old Fox body ran a 12 flat to my 13.0. A mean sounding early 2000s vert ate my dust. But I finally ran into a new '13 5.0 M6. To be fair to the Mustang, it was stock and not fully broken in. The first time I ran him I beat him off the lights and was puling away when I missed third. But I recovered and almost ran him down. Our second run he caught me sleeping but then I put together a good run and ran him down after being 5 or more cars behind. And to be even more fair to Mustangs there was a completely stock '13 5.0 automatic that running 12.5 to 12.6s at over 113. I did not get a chance to run him, but we know how that would have turned out.

So I still have .2 more seconds left at the 60 foot if I can get better. My second problem is my inconsistent shifting. I wonder if a shift light would help? I think there is another .2 or .3 there. i plan to resume my quest in the spring. I am setting my sights on that automatic 5.0. I hope he doesn't mod.

One other thing, even though my suspension is well modded, I still have wheelhop on some launches. Would a non-stock wheel alignment help?

Future plans:

lighter 1LE replica wheels
1lE 3.91 gears and axles (what a deal!)

Then maybe some DRs.

Is a new intake a bolton?