View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I think COD: Black Ops will have move support, so it is possible to have FPS with motion control. I played Resident Evil 4 on the Wii and it was one of the best games that I have played on the Wii. To aim, you point the main control toward the screen and a red dot (like a laser sight) appears where you are aiming. To reload, I think you had to shake the controller. Since you're moving with the control stick, the buttons on the d-pad can be used for single button commands.

I don't think all games will be able to utilize motion control, that's why the systems will continue to standard controls.
I haven't heard anything about Black Ops getting move support.. but I could be wrong. I know Killzone 3 will get it, MAG already has it.. SOCOM will get it too... and I saw video of someone playing that with the move...really precise and actually from that guy's opinion was better then a Dualshock.

Theres one big thing that the Move has that allows FPS games to be possible with it.. the navigation controller, which allows you to move around easily plus the move itself has 6 buttons on it, not including select/start.

Really it all comes down to personal preference.. Time Crisis in the movie theater's was hella fun to play.. that experience has yet to make it to the ps3 (Time crisis: raising storm is terrible btw) but once a developer puts the game out there it can be duplicated, even 1 up-ed. The bad thing is, when I play FPS I like sitting on my couch relaxing, not moving around aiming at stuffs..

IMHO I think the move is going to win out vs. the Kinect. The kinect has lots of issues with playability unless you have a perfect room for it. It is a fun thing to not use a controller, but playing ping pong on the move is so accurate its crazy.. especially on the harder difficulty. That precision is hard to beat without something in your hand.

Just my .02

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote