View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #44
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechdoctor View Post
I was just getting ready to order the ZL1 coupe....now I might just wait 6 months.

GM has always left us wanting when relating to the "biggest engine" package in a vert....at least with Corvette they have.

Very, very surprised GM let this cat out of the bag before the mad rush for the coupes was over this Spring.
I was getting ready to order the ZL1 coupe also, but since I'm a convertible guy at heart, it appears as though I'll have to wait a bit longer to obtain the ZL1 that I really want.

I'm guessing that the convertibles will be available about six months after the coupes start arriving at dealerships. If the first 2012 ZL1 coupes begin arriving at dealers in the March/April time frame and the 2013 ZL1 convertible production begins at the beginning of the 2013 model year production, the convertibles will probably begin arriving at dealers in the September/October time frame. Therefore, if my estimates of dates are accurate there should be a six month delta between the first arrivals of the 2012 ZL1 coupes and the initial arrivals 2013 ZL1 convertibles. I've waited this long already, so what's another six or so months of waiting at this point?.

I am very happy that Chevrolet is producing a ZL1 convertible, and that, based on the press release, it doesn't appear to be detuned in any way from the coupe.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote