View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #32
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
A question for you Pedders experts. I have the Xa's and Solution B bars on my SS. I measured my ride height and have a front fender measurement of 28 3/4" and a rear measurement of 29". I compared my measurements with 3 other Xa owners and most of their ride heights are lower than mine. What practical improvements would I have to my car's handling if I lowered it an additional 1/4" all around?

Is there any significant benefit to doing this, other than "looks" which are subjective? My car was intially about 1/2" lower and I had slight front spoiler issues backing out of my driveway (which isn't that steep), and a parking garage I frequent has a down-sloping exit ramp that will make my exhaust pipes hit as I go over the break in the slope, and I can't always exit at an angle because of other traffic. So there was a practical reason for raising my car 1/2". But I can't stand the "pressure" that somebody's car is lower than mine I like how my car looks now, but 1/4" may look even better. Is there a real handling improvement that would result from the 1/4"?