View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #34
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
would hi flow cats cause any warrenty problems ?
only if the cats were the direct cause of the failure.

if you have a broken tail light, they can't void your warranty because you changed your cats!

if they try, just quote the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act!

i went in for an oil cooler leak, i have long tube headers and cats which are installed right next to this oil cooler.

the dealership said it might not be covered under warranty because i have headers.

i told them, i brought the car in because the shop that installed the headers saw the leak and informed me about it BEFORE they installed them, and i gave them the number of the shop for them to call and ask for themselves.

the dealership then said, well its still an aftermarket part and changing anything voids the warranty.

i stated, "well the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 protects my rights and states a warranty can only be voided due to an aftermarket part if and only if it was the direct cause of the failure. i have clearly proved to you the leak began long before i installed the headers, and the headers are not anywhere near touching the oil cooler, nor can the heat from them have any effect on the gasket that is leaking."

they fixed the problem at no cost to me, and i started visiting a different dealership thereafter.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote