View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #265
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
Yeah seriously, the CTS-V does 11.9-12.1 in the quarter. The Z06 does 11.6-11.8 (average I have seen higher and slightly lower times in mags, my only frame of reference since I have driven, but never raced a Z06) . Are you thinking it will do significantly better than the CTS-V? CTS-V did, if I remember correctly, 7:59 at the 'ring, A pretty respectable time. Z28 should be able to beat that (provided it weighs less/has a tighter suspension tune), by how much I have no clue.
I think if it pulls acceleration times similar to CTS-V, that will be really good. I'm not sure what 'Ring times the GT500 runs (if it's even been there), but so long as they're similar, I'd be happy with that too. It's easy to say I want it significantly better in all aspects, but that costs a lot more money and I just don't know if the performance would justify the costs.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote