View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdcop100 View Post
I hope this might answer a few of the questions I see concening the 1LE. I picked up the car on 6 November. This is my 4th Gen 5 Camaro. I have over 60,000 miles driving this type vehicle. The first was a 6 cyl 2010, next a 2010 SS2, third was a 2012 SS2 and now the 2013 1LE. The first one was to autocross on weekends in SCCA and it was not very good for this. I lowered it which was an improvemnet, but still was lacking in its cornering ability. The second was not great at turning. I put a set of rear wheels and tires on the front and this helped, but still not great. I read where Chevy had made changes to the rear of the 2012 for handling and the third was was a great improvment. I found the car to be geared poorly and again not competive with the mustangs in F Stock SCCA. I am a instructor for PCA, Audi North America and NASA. I have had the 2012 at VIR 4 days this year and Summit Point 6 days this year. Great brakes, good handling but the gearing...... The 1LE is a HUGE leap in the right direction. I agree with a need to lower the car as it looks like it is sitting too high but also agree I need to know how it will affect the handling. I will update this when I can find an autocross in Maryland or if we rent Summit Point some time soon to try it out. Great cars improving in the right direction.
What organization did you run with at VIR? this track i have to do.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote