View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Andymon

Drives: TwinTurbo 2012 IOM Camaro 2SS
Need help with suspension upgrade (experience and opinions)

Hello everyone. I have gotten a lot of help from the vendors on here but now am looking for help from my fellow forum members. Please give me your option on my options as well as if you have done the same thing.

Let me start by outlining what I am looking for. I want to upgrade my suspension for my new found power level of around 600rwhp. I do not auto-x or take the car to the drag stip and I do not want to drop the car very much. I plan on keeping it around oem ride height or maybe 0.5 drop. I want something that will support my power level, reduce wheel hop, and leave my ride quality oem or better.I am looking for an upgrade on handling for spirited street driving as well. Pretty much a better feeling ride. I got the chance to drive a ZL1 and felt the difference. Now I know the SS is not to that level but hope to close the gap somewhat.

So in short I hope to:

Uprade handling for spirited driving
Reduce wheel hop
Reduce body roll
Keep oem or better ride quality
Replace the week points in the FE4 suspension
Have a strong foundation for 600rwhp.

Now here are the parts I am considering in order:

27/32mm swaybar set
Subframe bushing
Radius bushing inserts
Upper control arm bushings
ZL1 Toe rods
Trailing arms with bushings
Xa coilovers
Alignment Bolt kit

Now here are some of the questions I am hoping to answer:

If you have done how has the items changed your vehicle both good and bad? How has oem ride quality changed? Over bumps and rough roads?

What parts would I notice the best "bang for my buck"?

What parts would you recommend getting for a fair weather fun car that doesn't need every performance or handling advantage possible?

Would coilovers be overkill or a waste of money for what I am looking to get out of my car?

Again no track use in mind. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Andymon; 08-18-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote