View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
Anybody had delays in getting dealer installed accessories?I ordered the Splash guards and the console gauges three weeks ago. Still nothing yet, the parts guys at my dealer can't even get a price for the gauge set from GM. Any
one know when this will become avaliable???
Here's what the dealership has told me... First, part manufacture's have been unwilling or able to produce many more parts than are required for vehicle production. This is partially due to the fact that a certain amount of parts for production have been paid for by GM but a good many have not and the manufacturer's arent going real far out on the financial limb for GM. Also, GM is in the process of changing the distributors that inventory the parts for the dealers. This change took place on July 1st and has furthered the delay of part availability; especially accessories not ordered at the time of vehicle order. You can ask you dealership parts manager to request GM to "release" a part directly from the manufacture to your dealership. This cuts out the distribution channel, however, if there are no parts availalble that doesn't help you much. I did this with my GMPP exhaust and it arrived in one day!!