View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
gandolf101

Drives: 1996 Camaro RS
Question New To Camaro's ('96 RS in Garage)

Hey guys. I just bought my first car, a 1996 Camaro RS, and I'm having a couple issues with it. Nothing big or dangerous, just annoying. The first thing is that recently, as in today, my car seems to think that a door is ajar somewhere. After I turn shut off the engine, but with the key still in the ignition, the sound for a door ajar goes off. Also, while driving, engine off, keys in or out, the interior lights stay on. I've checked the control to the left of the steering column and it's not turned on. This is also affecting my anti-theft alarm. Since a door is "ajar", whenever I turn the alarm on, whether with the remote or "Last door closed" feature, the alarm sets and a few minutes later goes off. I have worked around this by simply locking my car with the key instead, but there is still an issue. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Another issue I have is that the radio does not work. Not fully at least. Let me explain. The deck is the original stock one, the delco bose cd deck. The radio works, but only on certain stations and even those come in with heavy static. Luckily the cd player works just fine so I still have some music while driving. The interesting part is my mechanic looked at all the connections, from the antenna up to the connection in back of the stereo deck itself. Everything is connected and works, so my mechanic assumed the problem is with the deck itself. What could cause this? I don't need a fix since I'll be getting a new deck in a couple months, would just like to know for future reference.

Thank you guys, I hope to learn a lot while here.
gandolf101 is offline   Reply With Quote