View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
So, i am a freshmen in college and myself own a 2002 Saturn L300 that i treat like gold. I go so far as to park it all the way on the other side of the parking lot so i don't have to park near anyone (seems like 80% of the poeple here couldnt park straight if their lives depended on it).

Whats really frustrating is there is a 2010 2ss Camaro Transformers Edition. It is a disaster. The front bumper is all dented and down low there are gouges from curbs i am guessing. The back bumper has holes punched in it from him backing into crap and is just all around a dented wavy kind of mess. The rear driver side 1/4 panel and bumper are side swiped. Every rim has curb rash and to top it all off...the paints a swirled disaster and absolutely filthy.

I get so frustrated and i see the car every day. I am 90% sure the owner of this poor Camaro is a freshmen as well and it just annoys me that most likely his rich parents bought him the car and he obviously doesn't give a crap what it looks like.

Wish i could have his car and treat it the way it is supposed to be treated. It obviously annoys me personally when i see a Camaro not treated well and neglected.

Love the Saturns. Just traded 2 of them (AURA and SKY Redline) on my 'vert.

A couple of folks here have mentioned it, but to put it into different terms, some people who have nice and even expensive things bought for them lack "pride of ownership". To know what it means to make the sacrifice to work hard everyday and to sacrifice along the way (read; resist the urge to spend money - often impulsively - on other things) in order to afford / fullfill one's desire / dream.

You keep taking good care of your L300. She's a nice ride and will, no doubt, outlive that guy's Camaro.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote