View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
I got my Tahoe "handed to me" when I was 16, in 2004. It was my second vehicle, I still have it to this day and it looks better than prob 85-90% of other 12 year old vehicles out there that have been driven on a daily basis with 160K miles on it (in areas that receive snow anyway). I took care of it because I loved it and take pride in keeping the things I own looking and working well. I understand that I am the exception to circumstances like this, but please do not think that all people who have things they could not afford themselves are bratty or entitled.

My brother on the other hand has had a total of 8 vehicles in his lifetime (he is only 20 years old). He ruined the 96 Dodge intrepid he got when he was 14(my first car, which was also in pristine condition when he got it handed down) , a 94 dodge dakota that was in good shape, a '00 cavalier, a '98 f150, 2005 F250, 97 Ram, and the 2007 F350 he got is what we traded in on my Camaro (first vehicle I've gotten since 2004) since he got it November of last year and already needed 7K in repairs. All the other vehicles he had were either dented up like crazy or had transmission failure as a result of him driving like an idiot, offroading, and generally not giving two ****s about it.

We both lived under the same roof as children and have the same parents, but treat our belongings in completely different ways.
M_Knife_Shamylan is offline   Reply With Quote