View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #13
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway

HAMPTON, Ga.Team Flowmaster Driver Kasey Kahne added his name to the 2014 winners list Sunday night with victory in the Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, he led a complete sweep of the top 10 by Team Flowmaster Drivers.

Kahne started 10th and spent the bulk of the race working to make his car perform better, a task they accomplished by the end of the race. He led late and looked to be cruising to victory when a pair of late-race cautions nearly cost him the win. On the final restart, as the race went into overtime, he was able to wrestle the lead back from Matt Kenseth and roll on to victory.

“We were all over the place during the race,” said Kahne, the 11th different Team Flowmaster Driver to win this season. “But the guys stayed with me and worked hard. On those restarts; I didn’t know what would happen. So, it was a team effort and the guys did a great job tonight and I’m pretty pumped to be here.”

Kahne’s win also locked him into a coveted spot in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup which starts in two weeks. It was his 17th career victory and means all four Hendrick Motorsport (all part of Team Flowmaster) teams will be in the championship run.

Kenseth finished second with Denny Hamlin third. Jimmie Johnson was fourth with Carl Edwards fifth. Of note, Danica Patrick had her career-best finish with a sixth-place run.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 19 of the 25 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Kasey Kahne**
2. Matt Kenseth**
3. Denny Hamlin**
4. Jimmie Johnson**
5. Carl Edwards**
6. Danica Patrick**
7. Ryan Newman**
8. Kyle Larson**
9. Aric Almirola**
10. Greg Biffle**
**Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver